Has missed the last two seasons due to post-concussion syndrome.
2011-12: On Dec. 15, was ruled out for the remainder of the 2011-12 regular season and playoffs after being diagnosed with severe post-concussion syndrome underwent surgery on Nov. 28 to remove loose bodies from his left knee posted a pair of assists on Nov. 19 at WPG recoreded three assists on Nov. 14 at CAR missed six games after receiving a high stick to the eye on Oct. 24 vs. TOR started the season with a five-game scoring streak (1-5-6).
2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs:
Last game: Scoreless with a plus-one rating, a game-high four blocked shots and 26:36 TOI in Game 6 of the CSF, May 12 vs. DET
- Had a five-game point streak (1-6=7), Apr. 27-May 7, which is tied for the longest by a defenseman in the postseason
- Ranks tied for third in scoring and tied for fourth in assists among NHL defensemen...leads the NHL in avg. playoff TOI (27:06)br /> - Earned his 100th career postseason point in a team-leading 26:55 TOI in Game 3 of the CSF, May 5 vs. DET
- Scored a power play goal on five shots in a game-high 46:21 TOI in Game 2 of the CSF, May 3 @ DET
- In CQF, collected points in three of six games (1-3=4) while earning a plus-six rating, which was tied for the NHL lead at the time
- Scored his first goal of the postseason in Game 3 of the CQF, Apr. 21 vs. SJ
- Is competing in the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the 13th time...ranks fourth in playoff experience among NHL defensemen (143 games played) competing in the 2009 postseason
- Won his first Stanley Cup championship with Anaheim in 2007
- Marked his 11th appearance in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and second trip to a Stanley Cup Final (each in last two seasons, EDM 2006 & ANA 2007)br /> - In 2007 playoffs, finished tied for second on the Ducks in postseason scoring (3-12=15) and also tied for second in club history for most points in a single playoff season...finished second in scoring among NHL defensemen
- Set club records for goals, assists and points by a defenseman in a postseason
- In 2006, led the Edmonton Oilers to the Stanley Cup Final...scored 5-16=21 points in the playoffs, the most points scored by an NHL defenseman in the postseason since Brian Leetch had 34 points for the 1994 NY Rangers
- From 1996-2004 with St. Louis, played in nine Stanley Cup Playoffs, recording 10-41=51 with 210 PIM in 85 games.
2008-09 Regular Season:
- Appeared in his 16th NHL season, his third with Anaheim
- Appeared in all 82 games for the first time in his NHL career
- Finished the regular season ranked third on the Ducks' all-time points list (150), fourth on the goals list (36) and third on the assists list (114) for defensemen
- Ranked second in the NHL in total TOI (2,183:20) and avg. TOI (26:57)br /> - Collected his 600th career point as part of a two-assist night, Mar. 18 vs. NSH
- Appeared in his 1,000th career game, earning an assist, Feb. 20 @ DET
- Had a season-high six-game point streak (3-5=8) from Oct. 29-Nov. 7, falling one game shy of his career high