Throughout Flyers Rookie Camp Flyers prospect Mike Testwuide kept a video blog of his daily activities. Testwuide now enters Flyers training camp and will keep up-to-date on what his life is like as he tries to crack the Flyers opening day roster.
DAYS 13, 14 &15 (Sept. 25-27)
* Mike takes us through the road trip, playing and watching from the press box, and how he feels surviving the first two roster cuts. WATCH HERE!
DAY 11 & 12 (Sept. 23-24)
* After playing his first preseason game as a Flyer, Mike recounts that experience, explains his shootout attempt and goes over what life has been like on the road while traveling with the team. WATCH HERE!
DAY 9 & 10 (Sept. 21-22)
* Mike comments on a fairly routine couple days and the first preseason game last night. He applauds his buddy Ben Holmstrom's performance, while looking forward to possibly getting the call to play in one of the next few preseason games for the Flyers. WATCH HERE!
DAY 8 (Sept. 20)
* Luke Pither takes over the Testwuide blog to set the record straight about the NHL 11 tournament with teammate Eric Wellwood, while Testwuide ends the segment proud of one particular teammate and goes over a second day of scrimmaging among the prospects. WATCH HERE!
DAY 7 (Sept. 19)
* Today Mike takes us through the prospect scrimmage game and even brings in special guest Eric Wellwood to comment on the game and perhaps even more heated game of NHL 11 back at the team hotel. WATCH HERE!
DAY 6 (Sept. 18)
* Mike enters his first day of training camp at the NHL level and discusses the level of excitement around the locker room, being on the ice with rookies and veterans, as well as the Flyers crowd that came out on the first day of on-ice sessions. WATCH HERE!
DAY 5 (Sept. 17)
* After a long bus ride back from a tough defeat in Arlington, Va., Mike and some other rookies get a little day of rest to prepare for the big training camp on Saturday. WATCH HERE!
DAY 4 (Sept. 16)
* Day 4 marks the day of the team's annual rookie game versus the Washington Capitals prospects. This year the team traveled to Arlington Va., to take on the Caps and as Mike explains, it is the first time in over five months that a lot of his teammates had played in an actual game. WATCH HERE!
* Interesting fact: Mike still carries all of his equipment in his Colorado College issued hockey bag.
DAY 3 (Sept. 15)
* Mike fills us in on a little NHL 11 Xbox tournament going on and is very much looking forward to the rookie game tomorrow against the Washington Capitals rookies in Virginia. WATCH HERE!
* Interesting fact: While at Colorado College, Testwuide participated in a tryout camp during the summer for the Washington Capitals, a team he will be looking for a little revenge against tomorrow. Stay tuned to philadelphiaflyers.com for a LIVE webcast of the game at 3 p.m. ET
DAY 2: (Sept. 14)
* Second day here at rookie camp and after yet another great meal and catching the Men's U.S. Open Final last night, Mike informs us that today the coaches more focused on being more defensively sound in your game. WATCH HERE!
* Interesting fact: Testwuide earned his Bachelor's of Business degree in Economics from Colorado College, prior to turning pro.
DAY 1: (Sept. 13)
* As rookie camp open, Testwuide comments on moving to the area and how good it feels to get hockey season underway again. WATCH HERE!
• Born: Feb. 5, 1987 (23 years old) in Vail, Colorado
• 6’3’’, 210 pound forward
• Shoots right-handed
• Will be wearing #39 at Rookie Camp
• Signed an entry level contract on March 19, 2010
• Has a brother, JP, who is attending Flyers Training Camp
Testwuide spent four seasons at Colorado College (WCHA). In 2009-10 he posted 31 points (21G,10A) and 24 penalty minutes in 36 games. His 21 goals led all players on the team and were a career high, while his 31 points were also a career high and ranked second on the team. He also led the Tigers with five game-winning goals, eight power-play goals and three shorthanded goals on the season.
Over a course of four seasons with the Tigers (2006-07 to 2009-10), including serving his final year as captain, Testwuide registered 44 goals and 27 assists for 71 points and 100 penalty minutes in 134 games.
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING:
CHRIS PRYOR (Flyers Director of Hockey Operations)
“As a group we maybe thought we had Mike Knuble here," Pryor told NHL.com. "We're hoping Michael, maybe down the road, that's the type of player he can be. They're good down low in front of the net, work the wall, work the corner. We think he's got potential to be that type of guy."
ADAM KIMELMAN (NHL.com)
“Toughness is something that won't be a problem for the 6-foot-3, 210-pound right wing, who will have a chance to compete for a job with the club in training camp.”