Olympic Round-Up: Timonen Captures Bronze
Schedule, Results, Bracket & more at the Men's Ice Hockey Olympic Tournament
GOLD MEDAL GAME: Sunday, Feb. 23
GOLD MEDAL GAME - Sunday, Feb. 23
Sweden vs. Canada, 7:00 a.m. ET (NBC)
BRONZE MEDAL GAME
Finland 5, USA 0
SEMIFINALS – Friday, Feb. 21
FINAL: Sweden 2, Finland 1
FINAL: Canada 1, USA 0
JG: Finland-Sweden I Thoughts on US-CAN
ASF: Medal predictions I Catch your breath?
ASF: Streit & Voracek I Kimmo/Raffl/Mez
ASF: Jake's GWG
JG: NHL-Olympic History
FTV: Olympic Memory I The Olympic Effect
FTV: Where are they? I Jerseys Presented
FTV: Players are watching what??
PHOTOS: KIMMO CAPTURES BRONZE
* Kimmo Timonen finished off his fifth Olympic Games capturing a bronze medal by helping Finland to a 5-0 win over the United States.
* Timonen was a +1 and played 18:14 of ice-time in 22 shifts during the bronze medal game, his sixth of the 2014 Olympics. He finished the tournament with two assists and a +2 rating, while averaging just over 18 minutes of ice-time per game.
* He now has four Olympic Medals in his career, earning a Silver medal in 2006 and Bronze medal in 2014, 2010 and 1998.
RETURN FROM SOCHI: VORACEK & MESZAROS INTERVIEWS
WATCH: MESZAROS ON OLYMPICSAndrej Meszaros gives his take on his Olympic experience after returning to the Flyers. FULL INTERVIEW HERE
WATCH: VORACEK ON OLYMPICS
Jakub Voracek gives his take on his Olympic experience after returning to the Flyers. FULL INTERVIEW HERE
PHOTOS: TIMONEN-FINLAND FALL TO SWEDES; WILL PLAY FOR BRONZE
* Kimmo Timonen recorded 18:56 of ice-time and was on the ice for Finland's lone goal for a +1 rating, but dropped a 2-1 contest to Sweden. Timonen's 23 shifts in the game were tied for second-most on the team.
* Finland and Timonen will now play for the Bronze Medal on Saturday against the USA.
*It will be Timonen's 30th Olympic game in his career and a possible third bronze and fourth overall medal after capturing a silver medal in 2006 and bronze in 1998 & 2010.
PHOTOS: TIMONEN-FINLAND ADVANCE TO SEMIS; VORACEK-CZE ELIMINATED BY USA
* Voracek had one shot on goal and appeared in 14:50 of ice-time in the Czech Republic's 5-2 loss to USA.
* In his first Olympic games, Voracek posted two points (1g-1a), with his only goal being the game-winner against Latvia in the preliminary round, and had 14 shots on net through five games while averaging just over 14 minutes of time-on-ice per game (14:12).
* Kimmo Timonen recorded an assist and 17:06 of ice-time to help lead Finland to a 3-1 win over Russia.
* He now has 13 points (3g-10a) in 28 career games that span over five Olympic appearances.
* Timonen and Finland have now advanced to the semifinals in three consecutive Olympics and four of the five Olympics that have featured NHL players - winning a silver medal in 2006 & bronze medals in 1998 & 2010.
* Finland now faces rival Sweden in the semifinals and right to advance to the Gold Medal Game.
PHOTOS: VORACEK TO MEET USA; STREIT (SUI), MESZAROS (SVK) & RAFFL (AUT) ELIMINATED
* Voracek recorded an assist on the first Czech goal in the Qualification Round as Czech Republic earned a 5-3 win over Slovakia. He recorded 16:31 of ice-time.
* Through the first four games of the Olympics, Voracek has a goal and an assist for two points, and no penalty minutes while averaging 14:03 of ice-time.
* Voracek and Czech Republic will take on Team USA on Wednesday.
* Andrej Meszaros recorded 20:40 of ice-time as Slovakia dropped a 5-3 decision to the Czech Republic in the Qualification Round.
* Meszaros appeared in over 20 minutes of ice-time in three of the four Olympic games for Slovakia.
* Mark Streit recorded four shots on goal and 24:56 of ice-time, which led all players in the game, in Switzerland's 3-1 loss to Latvia.
* Throughout the tournament, Streit led the Swiss team in total ice time (89:54), minutes per-game (22:28) and shifts (114).
* In his Olympic career, he has nine points (3g-6a) in 20 games through four Winter Olympics (2002, 2006, 2010 & 2014).
* Michael Raffl posted three shots on goal in 20:26 of ice-time, second-most on Austria, on 26 shifts as Austria dropped a 4-0 decision to Slovenia to be eliminated from the Olympic Tournament.
* Raffl finished the tournament second on Austria in scoring with three points (1g-2a), including the game-winning goal in the team's only victory in four games.
* The tournament was Raffl's first Olympic Games.
PHOTOS: FLYERS DAYS 4 & 5
* Andrej Meszaros posted 32 shifts, tied for second-most on the team, for 20:39 of ice-time as Slovakia fell to Russia, 1-0 in a shootout.
* Meszaros also had a game-saving block in overtime on Alex Ovechkin that helped force the shootout.
* Michael Raffl scored the game-winning goal as Austria defeated Norway, 3-1 on Sunday. He recorded three shots on goal and 20:58 of ice-time.
* Raffl finished the preliminary round with three points, a goal and two assists, in three games as Austria went 1-2-0.
* Mark Streit recorded 22:36 of ice-time for Switzerland, who won another 1-0 game, this time defeating Czech Republic on Saturday.
* The Swiss have given up just one goal in three games and have recorded just two goals during the preliminary round.
* Jakub Voracek recorded one shot on goal in 13:17 of ice-time for the Czech Republic in a 1-0 loss to Switzerland on Friday.
FLYERS DAYS 1-3
* Mark Streit earned the only assist on Switzerland’s game-winning goal in the final seconds of regulation and played a game-high 22:58 as Switzerland skated to a 1-0 win over Latvia on Wednesday.
* Streit recorded 19:34 of ice-time on 23 shifts as the Swiss fell by a score of 1-0 to Sweden on Friday.
* He has nine points (3g-6a) in 18 career Olympic appearances.
* The Swiss have now allowed just one goal on 47 shots through the first two games.
* Jakub Voracek recorded four shots on goal in 15:35 of ice-time in his Olympic debut as Czech Republic dropped a 4-2 decision to Sweden on Wednesday.
* Posted a goal, his first of the tournament, in just 10:51 of ice-time to help lead Czech Republic to a 4-2 win over Latvia on Friday.
* Michael Raffl collected two assists in 15:45 of playing time for Austria in his Olympic debut in an 8-4 loss to Finland on Thursday.
* Raffl recorded 15:32 of ice-time in 25 shifts in a 6-0 loss to Canada on Friday.
* Kimmo Timonen posted an assist, recorded three shots on goal and logged 17:31 of ice-time and a +1 rating in Finland's 8-4 victory over Austria on Thursday.
* Timonen recorded one shot in 17:52 of ice-time in Finland's 6-1 win over Norway on Friday.
* He now has 12 points (3g-9a) in 26 career Olympic appearances.