Bill Logan Is the Flyers' 25-Millionth Fan
Saturday, 11.05.2005 / 12:00 AM / News
Bill Logan of Langhorne, PA became the 25-millionth fan in the Flyers' 39-year history when he walked through the turnstiles of the Wachovia Center for the Flyers/Thrashers game on Saturday, November 5.
"This is so exciting. I read about it in the newspaper and you figure 20,000 people are coming and I wouldn't expect it would be me," said Logan. "I brought my good luck charms (daughters) with me. It was fun, very exciting. It feels like Christmas, all these gifts, being showered by all this and getting to meet Ed Snider, this has been a fantastic experience. Thank you very much."
Logan was showered with confetti and many gifts as he and his two daughters, Kaylee and Kristine, and their friend, Julia Schmitz entered the arena. Snider presented Logan with a team-signed Flyers jersey which reads 'Million' on the back with No. 25.
During the first intermission, Logan was the guest on Comcast SportsNet's Coatsey's Corner and rode the Zamboni during the second intermission.
"The Flyers have the best fans in all of sports. Having started the team in 1967, I couldn't possibly imagine that someday we would be welcoming our 25-millionth fan," said Flyers Chairman Ed Snider.
Logan also received:
· A men's limited edition Locman watch in black graphite dial/automatic, which retails for just under $1,000, courtesy of Bernie Robbins Fine Jewelery
· A Sharp Aquos flat-screen HD-LCD television
· Prime Rate interest for a day on $25 Million courtesy of the Flyers
· Round-trip airfare for two courtesy of Southwest Airlines
· Accommodations for an eight-day, seven-night stay in Florida, courtesy of Celebration World Resort, including passes to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando
· Catered balcony suite at the Wachovia Center for a future Flyers game
· Meet -and-Greet with the Flyers and locker room tour at a future Flyers game
· Limousine ride and dinner for four in Victors Club at the Wachovia Center to a future Flyers game
· Attend Flyers Head Coach Ken Hitchcock)s post-game press conference at future Flyers game