|BIRTHPLACE:||Dryden, ON, CAN|
|DRAFTED:||HFD: 1993-2 overall|
|2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs:
Last game: Scoreless with a plus-one rating, a game-high four blocked shots and 26:36 TOI in Game 6 of the CSF, May 12 vs. DET
- Had a five-game point streak (1-6=7), Apr. 27-May 7, which is tied for the longest by a defenseman in the postseason
- Ranks tied for third in scoring and tied for fourth in assists among NHL defensemen...leads the NHL in avg. playoff TOI (27:06)br /> - Earned his 100th career postseason point in a team-leading 26:55 TOI in Game 3 of the CSF, May 5 vs. DET
- Scored a power play goal on five shots in a game-high 46:21 TOI in Game 2 of the CSF, May 3 @ DET
- In CQF, collected points in three of six games (1-3=4) while earning a plus-six rating, which was tied for the NHL lead at the time
- Scored his first goal of the postseason in Game 3 of the CQF, Apr. 21 vs. SJ
- Is competing in the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the 13th time...ranks fourth in playoff experience among NHL defensemen (143 games played) competing in the 2009 postseason
- Won his first Stanley Cup championship with Anaheim in 2007
- Marked his 11th appearance in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and second trip to a Stanley Cup Final (each in last two seasons, EDM 2006 & ANA 2007)br /> - In 2007 playoffs, finished tied for second on the Ducks in postseason scoring (3-12=15) and also tied for second in club history for most points in a single playoff season...finished second in scoring among NHL defensemen
- Set club records for goals, assists and points by a defenseman in a postseason
- In 2006, led the Edmonton Oilers to the Stanley Cup Final...scored 5-16=21 points in the playoffs, the most points scored by an NHL defenseman in the postseason since Brian Leetch had 34 points for the 1994 NY Rangers
- From 1996-2004 with St. Louis, played in nine Stanley Cup Playoffs, recording 10-41=51 with 210 PIM in 85 games.
2008-09 Regular Season:
- Appeared in his 16th NHL season, his third with Anaheim
- Appeared in all 82 games for the first time in his NHL career
- Finished the regular season ranked third on the Ducks' all-time points list (150), fourth on the goals list (36) and third on the assists list (114) for defensemen
- Ranked second in the NHL in total TOI (2,183:20) and avg. TOI (26:57)br /> - Collected his 600th career point as part of a two-assist night, Mar. 18 vs. NSH
- Appeared in his 1,000th career game, earning an assist, Feb. 20 @ DET
- Had a season-high six-game point streak (3-5=8) from Oct. 29-Nov. 7, falling one game shy of his career high
|2009-10 Playoffs: Was +4 in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals vs Chicago... Had assist in Game 3 and two assists in Game 1… Had three assists in Eastern Conference Final vs. Montréal… Recorded 6 pts (2G,4A) in Eastern Conference Semi Finals … Had 5 pts (2G,3A) in Eastern Conference Quarter Finals… Recorded a point in each of the first 4 games of the series.
Regular Season: Recipient of the Bobby Clarke Trophy as the team’s most valuable player and recipient of the Barry Ashbee Trophy as the team’s most outstanding defenseman, both as voted by a panel of sportscasters and sportswriters… Led the team in assists (45), blocks (189 – 5th in NHL), plus/minus (+22), average time-on-ice (25:55) and the Flyers defense in points (55), which also ranked third overall on the Flyers and fifth overall in the NHL… Became the first Flyers defenseman to record 50 or more points in a season since Eric Desjardins, who also had 55 points, did so in 1999-00… Played in his 1,100 NHL game on 4/2 vs. Montreal… Scored the game-winning-goal with 2.1 seconds left vs. Chicago on 3/13 (new Flyers home-ice record for latest GWG in 3rd)… Recorded his 500th NHL assist at Florida on 3/3… Won a gold medal with Team Canada for the second time (2002) in his fourth Olympics (2nd wearing an “A”, 2002), where he had five points (5A) and a +3 rating in seven games… Had a five-game point streak (8pts - 1G,7A) from 1/3-1/12…Had recorded over 28 minutes of ice time in a game 11x this season and over 30 minutes six times… Had 11 multi-point games on the season… Had a six-game point streak (10/31-11/14)… Had first goal as a Flyer at New Jersey on 10/3… Reached his 1,500 penalty minute vs. NY Islanders on 12/8.
2008-09: Appeared in the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the 13th consecutive season, posting a total of 10 points (2G,8A) and 12 penalty minutes in 13 contests… Recorded four points (1G,3A), six PIM and a plus/minus rating of +6 in the Ducks’ six-game series win over the Sharks in the WCQF… Recorded six points (1G,5A) and six PIM in their seven-game series against the DET… Appeared in all 82 games for the first time in his NHL career… Finished second on Anaheim’s defense in goals (11), assists (37) and points (48)… Collected his 600th NHL point on Mar. 18 vs. NSH… Appeared in his 1,000th NHL game, earning an assist, Feb. 20 at DET… Had a season-high six-game point streak (3G,5A-8pts) from Oct. 29-Nov. 7, falling one game shy of his career high… 2007-08: Appeared in his 900th NHL game (scored the GWG in OT for a 4-3 Ducks victory) on Dec. 10 at CLS... Recorded his 400th career assist on Oct. 15 vs. DET… Appeared in all six games against Dallas in the WCQF scoring five points (2G,3A), and finished tied with Ryan Getzlaf for the team lead in the playoffs… 2006-07: Won his first Stanley Cup with ANH…Among playoff leaders, T-1st in plus/minus (+10), T-3rd in PPA, 4th in average TOI (30:11), T-4th in assists (12) and T-7th in points (15)… Ranked second among NHL defensemen and tied for second overall on the Ducks in postseason scoring…Set club records for goals, assists and points by defenseman in a postseason…Finished tied for second in club history for most points in a single playoff season…Had a five-game point streak with seven points (2G,5A) from Apr. 13-25, the longest by a Duck in the 2007 postseason… Finished the regular season ranked T-6th among NHL defensemen in points (59), sixth in assists (46) and first in points per game (.89)… Led the Ducks in plus/minus (+27) being a plus-or-even player in 58 of 66 games and breaking the franchise record for highest plus/minus by a defenseman in a season…Recorded his 500th NHL point on Feb. 15 at PHX 2005-06: Led Edmonton to the 2006 Stanley Cup Final…Recorded 21 points (5G,16A) in the playoffs, the most points scored by an NHL defenseman in the postseason since Brian Leetch had 34 points for the 1994 NYR… Played over 40 minutes twice in the playoffs…Recorded two points (1G,1A) in Game 1 of the SCF at CAR, including the first penalty shot goal in SCF history (there had been eight previous penalty shots taken in Final history, none resulting in goals)…Collected a team record-tying three assists in one period in Game 5 of the WCQF on Apr. 29 at DET… Played a game-high 47:17 in Game 3 of the WCQF on Apr. 25 vs. DET…In the regular season, led Oilers defensemen with 56 points (12G,44A)…Ranked fourth among NHL defensemen in power-play scoring and 15th overall with 42 points (10G,32A)…Recorded 12 multiple-point games…Tied his career high for points (fourth time) and assists (second time) with four assists on Dec. 31 at CGY… Was acquired by EDM from STL in exchange for Eric Brewer, Doug Lynch and Jeff Woywitka, Aug. 2, 2005… 2003-04: Led Blues defensemen and T-2nd in NHL with 54 points… Named to the All-Star Game for the fifth time…Finished third in Norris Trophy voting behind S. Niedermayer and Z. Chara…Tied his career high in goals (14)…Played his 700th NHL game on Feb. 16 vs. PHX…Tallied his 300th NHL assist on Mar. 9 vs. NYI and 400th NHL point on Apr. 3 at NSH…2002-03: Recorded his 50th career playoff point in Game 4 of the WCQF on Apr. 16 vs. VAN…2001-02: Scored 47 points (7G,40A), tying for eighth among NHL defensemen…Led the Blues and ranked 16th in the NHL in plaus/minus (+16)…Played his 600th career NHL game on Jan. 8 at SJ… Selected to the All-Star Game for the fourth time (third as a starter)… 2000-01: Played in 15 playoff games as the Blues advanced to the WCF… Was sixth on the Blues in points (47) and third in plus/minus (+21) despite missing 31 games due to injury…Averaged nearly one point per game (0.9) with 47 points in 51 games…1999-00: Won both the Hart (MVP) and Norris Trophy (top defenseman) , marking the first time the same player has won both since Bobby Orr (1972)…Led the Blues and all NHL defensemen with 48 assists and finished second among NHL defensemen with 62 points… Also led the NHL in plus/minus (+52)…Played his 500th NHL game on Mar. 20 vs. WSH…Recorded his 200th NHL point on Dec. 10 at CHI… 1998-99: Recorded 12 multi-point games with STL, including three, three-point contests… Played in his 400th NHL game on Jan. 21 vs. TOR… 1997-98: Named the 16th and youngest captain in STL history on Sept. 27…Led the NHL in plus/minus (+47)… Was a finalist for the Norris Trophy…Had his 100th career NHL assist on Apr. 4 vs. COL…Had 10 points (1G,9A) in 10 playoff games… 1996-97: Led St. Louis in plus/minus (+15)… 1995-96: Played his first season in STL… Was acquired by STL from Hartford in exchange for Brendan Shanahan on July 27, 1995…Ranked second among STL defensemen with 25 points (7G,18A)…1994-95: Completed his second season with Hartford in the lockout-shortened season…Had 14 points in 43 regular season games… 1993-94: Appeared in his rookie season with Hartford…Was named to the NHL All-Rookie Team and won the club’s Most Valuable Defenseman Award…Led all Whalers defensemen with 30 points (5G,25A)…Played in his first NHL game on Oct. 6 at MTL… Recorded his first NHL point (assist) on Oct. 9, 1993 vs. PHI…Scored his first NHL goal on Nov. 6, 1993 at NYI... International: Has represented Team Canada on several occasions, including four Olympic Games (1998, 2002, 2006, and 2010)… Was alternate captain for Team Canada in 2002 and 2010 Winter Olympics… Played for Canada at the World Cup (1996 & 2004)… Represented Canada at the 1992 World Jr. Championships… Miscellaneous: Was named to the OHL’s First All-Star Team and Canadian Major Junior’s First All-Star Team in 1993...also named Canadian Major Junior’s Defenseman of the Year in 1993.