A quick look at some of the action on the beach in the first leg of Trial on the Isle...
It was a dead-heat for second-place (two groups below) as Mark Friedman, Steven Delisle, Scott Laughton and Oskar Lindblom (28:14) just edged out the team of Petr Straka, Nicolas Aubel-Kubel, Sam Morin and Travis Sanheim (28:23).
The group now heads to the docks to begin the second phase at the Stone Harbor Yacht Club.
After nine hours on the ice, and countless more off it, Flyers prospects are getting a true taste of what it means and what it takes to be a professional hockey player.
Day 4 of Camp wrapped up after their usual second session of the day late in the afternoon and a full night's rest is becoming increasing valuable, but none more so than last night as wake up calls were most likely set for around 6 a.m. to kick off the team's annual Trial on the Isle for some conditioning, teamwork and friendly competition.
The uniqueness of the event lies not only with the bonding that the prospects will get to do with each other, but also with the packs of Flyers fans who get an even more up-close look at the future of the Flyers.
The bus is slated to depart from the Flyers practice facility in Voorhees, NJ approximately 7 a.m.
When they arrive over an hour later in Stone Harbor, here's what the makeup of each team competing against each other that the fans will get to see through the first two legs of the day.
* Note, the team's will have a different look to them for the final part - the Flyers/Utz Beach Volleyball Blast tournament.
Parks, Michael (Team Leader)
Friedman, Mark (Team Leader)
Straka, Petr (Team Leader)
Capobianco, Tony (Team Leader)
Madsen, Merrick (Team Leader)
Goulbourne, Tyrell (Team Leader)
Leier, Taylor (Team Leader)
In case you need a reminder, below is the official schedule of events:
* Players arrive at the Stone Harbor Volunteer Fire Co. firehouse at 2nd Avenue and 96th Street.
* The group will move to the 96th St. beach from 8:45-9:45,
* Competition shifts to Stone Harbor Yacht Club for water challenge activities.
* Select prospects will participate in a free youth hockey clinic at the Stone Harbor Elementary School.
* Meet-and-greet autograph session
* The day concludes with the 2nd Annual Flyers/Utz Beach Volleyball Blast back on the 96th St. beach.
|Back to top ↑|